During the past 25 years, Lucas Daniëls has worked as a freelance press photographer for national and international newspapers and magazines. Nowadays he mainly works for advertising agencies, art projects and journals.
He also spends a lot of time on personal projects, especially travel reports from all over the world. He has already covered India, China, Pakistan, Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Cuba, Turkey, Syria, Morocco, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Mali, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Cameroon.
Lucas Daniëls is a member of the renowned photo agency Hollandse Hoogte.
After a stay at Kurdish refugee camps during the first Gulf War (1991) his views on photography started evolving towards more respectful images. An evolution which is still going on today. Local people and daily life situations are pictured in a serene way. Showing the real natural beauty of these people and the nature they live in as it is. No lights, no settings, no technical tricks. After a picture has been taken the creative process doesn't stop. Luc sees parallels, adds them together and builds purely emotional sequences resulting in a high number of triptychs.
For UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS go to NEWS
- 2012 'State of Mind', DS Contemporary Art, Kunstkerk Laak
- 2010 'African Encounters', Felix Pakhuis, Antwerpen
- 2010 'Lichtgevoelig', DS Contemporary Art, Kunstkerk Laak
- 2008 'Scenery versus Landscapes', Galerie De Stijl, Heusden-Zolder
- 2008 'Outside - Inside', Galerie De Stijl, CC Muze Heusden-Zolder, CC Ter Dilft Bornem
- 2007 Shots-festival Z33, Hasselt
- 2002 'Underground', Billboards in ENCI marl pits & Zonneberg caves, Maastricht (NL)
- 1996 'Eye on A73', Billboards along highway Venray-Venlo (NL)
- 1995 'Wander in India' Sfinx Café Boechout, Zaal België Hasselt, Kortenberg, Grobbendonk, Boom
copyright © Lucas Daniëls